Pineapple is a very nutritional tropical fruit, rich in vitamin C and Chemical compounds, which improves digestion, maintain healthy bones and reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease. 1 cup pineapple chunks contains 83 calories. The season of pineapples is from March through June, but they are available year round in markets.
Pineapple health benefits:
- Bromelain enzyme for healthy digestive system. One of the most popular pineapple health benefits. Pineapple contains Bromelain enzyme which helps to digest food, removes swelling of the stomach, inflammation of the colon, inflammation associated with arthritis.
- Rich in antioxidant – vitamin C. One of the greatest pineapple health benefits. Vitamin C is an important antioxidant which fights free radicals. Free radicals damage human body’s cells and known to cause cancer. Vitamin C also supports normal function of the immune system and prevents flu and cold. Vitamin C is very important for your healthy skin – anti-acne support and help against other inflammatory skin condition.
- Rich in B-complex vitamins. Pineapple contains thiamine, folate, riboflavin, pyridoxine. They are very important for antioxidant defenses and energy of the body.
- High in manganese. Manganese is an important mineral for strengthening bones. 1 cup of pineapple gives you 73% of daily required manganese.
- Contains Beta-carotene. Beta-carotene helps eye health and gives you protection against age-related macular degeneration and illness associated with vision loss. Beta-carotene also decrease the risks for developing asthma.
- Low in calories and rich source of fibre. One of the greatest pineapple health benefits. That’s why the pineapple is suitable food for weight loss.
- A High potassium fruit. It help with lowering blood pressure. Pineapple also has a lower amounts of sodium. This is important for maintaining normal blood pressure levels.
Pineapple can be cooked in many ways. It is a great addition to fresh fruit salad, main meals with chicken and fish, desserts, jamssnacks, and more. You can Combine pineapple even with steak, ginger and olive oil for healthier eating. There are so many delicious pineapple recipes and fresh drinks. Make your own pineapple juice! It is yummy and very nutritious.