What is leptin? Are there any leptin foods? These questions are asked mainly by people who want to lose weight.
Leptin is one of the leading hormones in the human body with a wide range of effects on many body functions.
Often, when we decide to keep a specific diet, do not think about how it will affect our hormones. Many people choose fast weight loss, but it can be very dangerous. The body does not like sudden changes. It like to keep a healthy and relatively stable weight. Hormones leptin and ghrelin play an important role in this.
What is leptin benefits and functions?
What is leptin? Benefits and functions.
If you ask most people what is leptin, the first thing that comes to their mind is to associate it with a gain or loss of weight. But leptin has many other important functions in the body. Some of the leptin benefits and functions are:
- Leptin plays a very important role in the regulation of energy in the human body. It affects appetite and metabolism.
- Leptin affects a diverse range of metabolic activities in the body.
- Leptin suppresses appetite, making it an excellent assistant in the fight against obesity.
- Leptin stimulates the secretion of reproductive and other pituitary hormones.
- This hormone has a very important impact on cardiovascular health. The heart has a receptor for leptin, which affect its proper function. Problems with the function of leptin is a risk factor for development of cardiovascular disease, and for slag deposits in the arteries and atherosclerosis. This is an important answer to the question what is leptin.
- Plays a role in the proper functioning of platelets and clotting. People with leptin resistance have impaired leptin function and increased risk of blood clots.
- Has influence over insulin function. Since leptin affects insulin function, problems with leptin may lead to insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes
As you can see the answer to the question what is leptin, is not limited to the effect of reducing appetite.
Leptin foods. Foods that decrease or increase leptin sensitivity.
Which are leptin foods and are there any foods high in leptin?
Leptin is a peptide hormone that is synthesized in fat cells. This hormon can not be taken orally, because the body can not absorb it by the intestines. So there are no foods high in leptin that will help us to increase leptin levels. There are foods, that can help to decrease or increase the leptin sensitivity. Many people call these foods – leptin foods.