The main question related to healthy eating tips is “What is a balanced diet and how to maintain it?” Nutrition and well balanced diet has a crucial role for overall body health for kids and for elders. The importance of a balanced diet is obvious. Combined with physical activity, a healthy eating can help you to reach and maintain a healthy weight, reduce your risk of many different chronic diseases, and promote your and your children’s overall health.
What is a balanced diet? Healthy & nutrition diet tips.
There are many guides, definitions and well balanced diet plans. Here we will see some of the most popular and trusted healthy eating sources with a great range of nutrition diet tips.
World Health Organization Media Center has a great explanation of the question “what is a balanced diet and how to maintain it”. In their website you can find:
- Key facts about well-balanced and nutrition diet;
- What contains a healthy diet for elders, children and infants;
- Practical advice on maintaining a healthy diet.
- Also the site provides great information on how much fats, salt, sugar, sodium and potassium we should eat to maintain a good health.
- How to promote a healthy diet.
- See the post here: http://www.who.int/
FDA website has a great post for eating healthier and maintaining a balanced diet using the nutrition facts label. You can find here the right tool to balance your diet. The post explains how to use food labels when you shop to determine the amounts of nutrients. Main healthy and nutrition diet tips here for buying foods and for using the nutrition facts label are:
- Check the serving size and number of servings.
- Calories count, so pay attention to the amount.
- Look for foods that are rich in nutrients.
- Know your fats and reduce sodium for your health.
- Reach for healthy, wholesome carbohydrates.
- For protein, choose foods that are lower in fat.
- The % Daily Value is a key to a balanced diet.
This post will help you to answer the questions hot to buy healthier food and “What is a balanced diet?”
- Here is the post: http://www.fda.gov/
NIH also provides great guidance and tools on how to eat right and how to maintain a nutrition diet. The website has a page related to well-balanced diet tips with different sections such as:
- Healthy Eating Plan
- Menu Plans
- Food Exchange Lists
- Shopping Tips
- Portion Distortion
- Daily Food
- Activity Diary and Tip for Healthy Eating On the Go or At Home.
Use the guides above to reach and maintain healthy eating and to answer the questions “What is a balanced diet ?” and How to maintain a healthy diet?