- High-potency probiotic contains 8 different strains of live lactic acid.
- VSL#3 products are gluten free as defined by the proposed FDA definition of a gluten free food
VSL 3 probiotic:
VSL 3 probiotic capsuls contain 8 strains – Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium infantis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Streptococcus thermophilus. VSL#3 should be stored in a refrigerator. VSL#3 is a medical food for the dietary management of ulcerative colitis, an ileal pouch or irritable bowel syndrome.
There are four formulations of VSL#3:
- Capsules that contain 112.5 billion live bacteria
- Packets that contain 450 billion live bacteria
- Double Strength (DS) packets – contain 900 billion live bacteria.
- VSL#3 JUNIOR – contain 225 billion live bacteria
VSL#3 website: http://www.vsl3.com