The strawberry is one of the most delicious and healthy fruits. Strawberries are rich in vitamin C, vitamin PP, B8, carotene, folic acid, minerals – potassium, iron, calcium, phosphorus, silicon, organic acids.
Strawberries contain more than 900 phyto / plant / chemical compounds and all have enormous benefits to the human body. One of the most valuable compounds in strawberries is ellagic acid, which is an excellent tool against cancer. Strawberry also contains flavonoids, tannins, organic acids, lignins, which help destroy carcinogens. The leaves of strawberries also are valuable because they contain vitamin C, tannins, phytoncides, flavonoids and glycosides.
Scientists believe that the strawberries have very well influence on the cardiovascular system.
Strawberry health benefits:
- Contain tannins and flavonoids, which have anti-inflammatory and diuretic effect. Also strawberries are useful in gastritis, insomnia, fatigue. One of the greatest Strawberry health benefits.
- Strawberries are very high in vitamin C and other beneficial ingredients to the human body – organic acids, mineral substances and salts thereof. They improve the protective effect of the immune system.
- Strawberries are an excellent food for children, because it support the growth and development of children’s bones.
- Strawberries contain tannins / catechins /, which have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial action and relieve digestive problems like flatulence.
- Folic acid and iron contribute to the formation of blood and cell growth. One of the greatest Strawberry health benefits.
- Strawberries work well against spring fatigue and scurvy.
- Strawberries are rich in manganese. It is important for metabolism, healthy bones, blood, nerves and brain.
- Calcium and phosphorus help strengthen the body and improve muscle function. One of the greatest Strawberry health benefits.
- Potassium has a diuretic effect, which releases excess fluid and sodium salts of the human body. So indirectly protect the human body from hypertension and atherosclerosis.
- Organic acids increase appetite, improve metabolism, facilitate digestion.
- Pectic substances and seeds are very useful against lazy bowel and gastrointestinal diseases.
Calories in a Strawberry: One Strawberry has from 2 to 9 calories, depending of the size.