Quinoa is a non-grassy plant with a high nutritional profile and is an ideal food for a gluten-free diet. Quinoa is one of the world well-known ‘superfood’ with its a wide range of health benefits. Most used types of quinoa are white, black and red quinoa.
Quinoa provides B-vitamins, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, vitamin E, potassium, fatty acids, and fiber. That makes quinoa /like chia/ a great gluten-free alternative for the people with Coeliac disease. Quinoa is a beneficial food for human health in the prevention and fight of many diseases.
Quinoa health benefits are:
- Quinoa is very high in Fiber – more than twice as high as most grains. That makes quinoa a good food for digestive health and support for weight – loss. One of the most popular Quinoa health benefits.
- High in protein. Quinoa has more protein compared to rice and wheat. It is a great protein source for vegetarians.
- A High in minerals food – Magnesium, Potassium, Iron. These minerals are very important for healthy eating and living. Soak the quinoa before cooking. Soaking is important because quinoa have phytic acid that reduce the absorption of minerals.
- High amount of antioxidants. Antioxidants are very important nutritions that fight free radicals and support fight ageing and many diseases. One of the greatest Quinoa health benefits.
- Ideal for people with Gluten Intolerance and Coeliac disease. Quinoa is naturaly a gluten – free food.
- Low glycemic index. Quinoa has a low glycemic index. It is important for blood sugar levels. One of the greatest Quinoa health benefits.
Quinoa takes less time to cook than other whole grains – about 15-20 minutes. It tastes great, goes well with many foods and is an ideal food for salads, dishes with meat, fish, breakfast, baked products etc…Cover it with water and boil until about 15 – 20 minutes.You can cook quinoa instead of rice. It is important to rinse quinoa with water before consuming to remove the saponin – a bitter coating that quinoa has to keep insects away.