Omega-3 are fatty acids are essential, because they are building block of the membrane of the cells. Some of the most important advantages of Omega 3 benefits are that they reduce the symptoms of high blood pressure, depression, joint problems and others. It is very important to eat omega 3 fatty acids foods.
Alpha-linolenic acid, eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid are three types of omega 3 fatty acids and they are essential for the proper functioning of our body. Since these acids can not be produced in our body we must get them through foods high in omega 3 fatty acids. Regular ingestion of omega-3 fatty acids protect against stroke, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, cancer, and heart disease.
Which are omega 3 fatty acids foods?
Omega 3 fatty acids foods list. Omega 3 benefits.
- Nuts are one of the best omega 3 fatty acids foods. Walnuts contain the most omega-3, they also contain fiber, protein and iron. Walnuts are an ideal source of alpha- linolenic acid.
- Fish and seafood are excellent sources of omega 3 fatty acids foods. Salmon has the highest content of omega 3. Follow sardines, palpusat, herring and seafood – shrimp, crabs, mussels and oysters. Salmon and all other seafood can be eaten without fear of omega 6, because the amount of omega-6 is very small. Fish contains also proteins and minerals.
- Flax seed. Flax seed is used in food and medicine since ancient times. Flaxseed contains alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which is different from fatty acids contained in fish. Flaxseed is low in omega-6.
- Beans are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids foods too.
- Healthy oils – canola, soybean, walnut oil, linseed oil
- Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale are foods rich in Omega 3 fatty acids too.
- Other foods high in Omega 3 fatty acids are Basil, vine leaves, broccoli, egg yolk, tofu, tempeh, soy milk, miso and edamame
Some of the Omega 3 benefits are that it increase the levels of good and reduce the bad cholesterol. Omega 3 fatty acid deficiency can lead to serious problems such as memory loss and depression. Other Omega 3 benefits include: protect the heart from heart attack, dilate blood vessels, helps to reduce blood pressure, suppress inflammation, reduce triglyceride levels in the blood, useful in treating Alzheimer’s disease.