Weak immune system is one of the main causes for bad health. Low immune system is the basis of many different diseases – from colds, flu, to cancer. Thanks to a normally functioning immune system, the body is coping with food poisoning, control allergies and slows the aging process. Healthy immune system destroys harmful bacteria and remove damaged tissue.
What are the causes of low immune system?
Low immune system causes
Let’s see some of the main and most common reasons for weak immune system :
- Unhealthy eating. One of the strangest things is that even though we all know which the healthy and nutritious foods are, we yet choose to eat unhealthy. Very big mistake. To have a healthy body and a strong immune system, we need to eat balanced diet that includes all the vitamins and minerals.
- Malnutrition is one of the main causes for low immune system. This problem is mostly seen in women who are fond of all kinds of diets and therapeutic fasting.
- The lack of physical activity. This problem applies to people who spend most of the day at work or at the computer.
- Constant stress probably most of you know, damage the immune system. Stress can lead to heart problems too.
- Other important low immune system causes are: smoking, alcohol, drugs, pesticides, polluted environment, sleep deprivation.
Low immune system symptoms and signs
It is hard not to notice a weakened immune system symptoms. Most people have 1-2 colds a year. People with weak immune systems suffer constantly. Other low immune system symptoms and signs are:
- joint pain
- digestive problems
- muscle weakness
- poor skin
Attention: Do not self-diagnose! If you have problems or symptoms, consult your doctor.
How to boost your immune system?
Which are immune system boosters? To strengthen the immune system and to prevent diseases we need healthy foods, which provides us with the necessary vitamins and minerals. Some of the most powerful immune boosting foods are carrots, fish, garlic, pumpkin seeds. Besides vitamins and minerals the body needs physical activity. This is because exercise improves flow of immune cells in the body and stimulates blood circulation.
Other immune system boosters are yoga and meditation. They relieve stress and help us for our rapid recovery.
Sleep is also very important to build a strong immunity.