Low carb foods and snacks list and ideas
Although the human body use carbohydrates as the main source of energy, some people prefer to eat low carb foods or foods with much lower carbohydrates. This practice is becoming more and more popular. Often, people who eat foods without carbohydrates want to cause increased body fat burning, also known as ketosis. Attention: Before using any diet, consult your doctor.
Here is a list of low carb foods:
- Lean meats are low carb foods. Most lean meats do not contain carbohydrates. These are beef, pork, fish, lamb, chicken and turkey meat. Instead carbohydrate lean meats contain a lot of protein, iron and amino acids, which are used to smooth muscle and maintaining a healthy body. Lean meats are high protein low carbs foods too.
- Oils. Various cooking oils are also foods low in carbs. Some are safflower oil, corn oil, olive oil and peanut oil. Cooking oils contain high amounts of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. These are healthy fats unlike the harmful saturated and trans fats.
- Butter. Butter is another food source that contains no carbs. But we must consider that the butter contains large amounts of trans fats, which are associated with increased risk of cardiovascular conditions and diseases.
- Eggs. Like lean meats, eggs are a healthy food without carbs and high in protein. Eggs can be prepared in various ways and become a great meal without carbs suitable for any time of day.
- Drinks. Certain drinks do not contain any carbs. Coffee (of course, without sugar), diet soda and water are exactly into this category. Water keeps us hydrated and healthy coffee provides additional energy and diet soda gives us something a little more. Strong alcoholic drinks like vodka, gin, whiskey, rum also do not contain carbohydrates.
- Cheese. Some types of cheese are without carbs or are foods low in carbs. These include for example, cheddar and parmesan.
- Lettuce, mushrooms, celery, spinach, radishes, broccoli are vegetables low in carbs. Not all vegetables are low carb foods.
- Nuts and fish are also foods low in carbs.
Here is some low carb snacks ideas
- Salad Topped with a Hard-Boiled Egg or Avocado
- A Handful of Nuts
- Lettuce with tuna
- Avocado With Sunflower Seeds
- String cheese
- Apples With Almond Butter
- Hard boil eggs
- Cottage Cheese With Berries
- Turkey Roll-Up
Attention: Before using any diet, consult your doctor.