Lemon is a citrus fruit. Citrus fruit include also mandarins, oranges, grapefruit. Lemon contains high nutritional and medicinal benefits for human health.
Lemon is a perennial tropical and subtropical plant with a height of 3 to 7 meters with pink, white and pale yellow colors. Lemon juice contains citric acid, its calcium salt / citrate / and ethyl ether. Skin and the flesh are rich in pectin. Lemon also contains vitamin C, carotene, P B1r, B2, B3, B6, B9 and minerals silicon, potassium, copper. The fruits and leaves of lemon plant are rich in phytoncides that cause most of its healing benefits.
The healing benefits of lemons have been known since ancient times. For example, in Egypt and India people have used lemon as an antidote for snakebites.
Lemon health benefits:
- High in vitamin C. One of the most popular Lemon health benefits. Lemon contains a large amount of vitamin C, which stimulates the production of hydrochloric acid in the gastric mucosa and of the enzyme pepsin.This significantly improves the utilization of protein, calcium and iron. Vitamin C also work against infections and colds.
- Lemon bioflavonoids enhance the action of vitamin C. One of the greatest Lemon health benefits. White blood cells need vitamin C for implementation in its defense functions.
- Thanks in bioflavonoids and vitamin C, lemon accelerates hair growth, nails, improves the power of vision, strengthens blood vessels, prevents varicose veins and hemorrhoids.
- Antioxidants. Lemon contains a lot of antioxidants – vitamin C, carotenoids, flavonoids, limonene. This helps you to maintain a youthful body.
- High presence of potassium salts. One of the greatest Lemon health benefits. This makes a great lemon diuretic – assists in the production of urine which helps you to reduce inflammation by flushing out toxins
Despite its great healing benefits, lemon is not recommended for people suffering from gastritis, heartburn, ulcers, dysbiosis, colitis.
Lemon calories:One lemon without the skin contains about 17 calories.
Limon is a great culinary ingredient. Lemon is used in sauces, salads, pastries, meals with meat and there is so many ways to cook lemon and to live healthier.