If you are searching for lactose free greek yogurt , here you will find some of the most popular products. We already wrote a post for lactose free yogurt brands, but this page is for greek yogurt particularly. Some of the products here also are fat free and with no added sugar.
First of all, lets see what is the difference between yogurt and greek yogurt.
What is the difference between yogurt and greek yogurt
Summarized the main differences between regular and greek yogurt are:
- Greek style yogurt has more protein than regular. The main reason is that Greek variant is more “concentrated”. This is one of the greatest greek yogurt benefits.
- Greek yogurt has less sodium and less carbohydrates.
- Greek yogurt has more fats (unless you’re using low fat products).
What is the reason for these difference? Greek style yogurt is strained more times than regular yogurt (usually greek yogurt is strained 3 times, regular yogurt – 2 times) to remove liquid whey. Because of this most of the liquid is removed in Greek variant (and it is more “concentrated”). But the whey contains most of the sodium and carbohydrates. That is why regular yogurt has more sodium and more carbohydrates.
Some of the most popular Lactose free greek yogurt brands and products. Plain & Flavored Yogurts.
Green Valley Organics Plain Lactose Free Greek Yogurt
- Simple, delicious yogurt flavor.
- Great ingredient for recipes and anything calling for yogurt as an ingredient: from soups and sauces, to smoothies and desserts.
- No added sugar, (the sugar listed is naturally-occuring milk sugar).
Liberté Plain 0% Lactose Free Greek Yogurt
- Crafted using traditional Greek methods, the yogurt is strained according to the principles of old-time cheesecloth draining, which gives it an incredibly rich and creamy texture and one that’s absolutely free of fat.
- Fat free greek yogurt.
- Also contains twice the protein of regular yogurt.
- According to the company website: ” lactose free Greek yogurt contains no preservatives, no additives, no artificial coloring nor gelatine.”
Stonyfield O’Soy Flavored Yogurts
- The company offers a wide range of lactose free greek yogurt (a delicious alternative for the lactose-challenged) such as:
- Strawberry yogurt.
- Blueberry – Made with delicious, wild, organic blueberries hand-picked in Canadian forests.
- Vanilla – No aspartame or other fake sweeteners here.
Yoplait – Lactose Free Yogurt
- The company make Yoplait® Lactose Free yogurt in four awesome flavors.
- You can choose between: