What are the best hypoallergenic makeup brands for sensitive skin ? It is not easy to answer this question. Some makeup brands and products may be ideal for some people and skin types but may cause skin irritation for others. It varies from person to person. On the other hands, according to FDA “There are no Federal standards or definitions that govern the use of the term “hypoallergenic.” The term means whatever a particular company wants it to mean.”
On the market there are some cosmetic and makeup brands that are known for its non irritating or natural products. Here are listed some of the most popular hypoallergenic makeup brands for sensitive eyes and skin. But always check the labels for ingredients to see if there are ingredients that can irritate your skin.
Hypoallergenic makeup brands list. Make up for sensitive skin and eyes.
- According to the company website “Physicians Formula remains steadfast in its pledge to create and manufacture high-quality, hypoallergenic cosmetic and skin care products. It is committed to creating innovative products that meet your specific needs while meeting the more rigorous standards of the cosmetic industry.”
- The company offers a wide range of hypoallergenic makeup and beauty products for face, skin, eyes, lips such as: foundations, remover, base, eye shadows, mascaras, lip gloss and balm, moisturizers and much more.
- You can find here beauty products for any type of skin: dry, oily, acne, or sensitive skin.
- If you have other specific needs, you can find here products that are: gluten free, paraben free, fragrance free, safe for sensitive eyes and contact wearers, oil free, non-comedogenic and more.
- One of the most popular hypoallergenic makeup brands.
- Physicians Formula
- According to company’s website: “today, almay is committed to helping women look and feel their best by staying true to its heritage of using pure, hypoallergenic ingredients in our products. almay was the first hypoallergenic cosmetics brand, the first brand to make 100% fragrance-free products and to disclose all ingredients used, the first brand to perform safety testing for allergy and irritation, the first brand to formulate for contact lens wearers and, the first mass market brand to create cosmetic regimens for specific skin types.”
- All almay products are formulated for sensitive skin types.
- The company offers a great range of hypoallergenic cosmetic products such as: lipstick, lip balm, eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner, foundation, concealer, eye makeup remover, face makeup remover and more.
- One of the well-known and best hypoallergenic makeup brands for sensitive skin.
- According to the company website: “Our VH-Rating System is published in Dermatitis, one of the leading peer-reviewed dermatological journals and shows less than 0.1% reported reactions to VMV HYPOALLERGENICS® products over 30 years. It is recognized as an effective way to objectively validate hypoallergenic claims in cosmetics.”
- The company offers a wide range of makeup products by different concerns: for acne, allergic/ultra sensitive skin, antibacterial, dermatitis, diaper rash, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, paraben free, and more.
- One of the famous hypoallergenic makeup brands for sensitive and problematic skin.
- VMV Hypoallergenics
There are many other organic makeup brands that are suitable for sensitive skin and different types of allergies. The most common makeup ingredients that cause irritation and allergic reactions are fragrances and preservatives. That is why many people with sensitive skin prefer natural and certified organic cosmetics.
What is important to know is always check the labels for ingredients to see if there are ingredients that can irritate your skin.
Check out Kiss Freely cosmetic, bath and body products. They’re gluten and most common allergen free … and vegan too!
I’ve been using Cleure for sensitive skin. They are gluten free, fragrance free, etc. Very gentle and high quality.