A list of high protein low fat foods
Proteins build living cells of our body. They are nutrients that are made up of amino acids. 50-65% of them are in the muscles. Besides muscles, they build and organ tissues, hair, tendons, nails, etc. Proteins are the main source of energy for the human body.
Fats are an important part of the composition of the cell. They perform a variety of functions in the human body – help the absorption of vitamin A, D, K, E, involve in the production of sex and adrenal hormones.
There are 3 main types of fats – saturated, unsaturated and trans fats. Unsaturated fats are the healthiest. They are vital for our good health. The body can not produce them, so we have to eat foods containing unsaturated fats. Consumption of foods with unsaturated fats, especially as substitutes for foods high in saturated fat, helps to lower the risk of heart disease by reducing levels of “LDL” and total cholesterol. Trans fats are the most harmful option.
Excellent sources of unsaturated fats are olive oil, avocados, peanuts, rapeseed oil, hazelnuts, peanuts, almonds, vegetable oils, fish. Most rich in unsaturated fats are fish such as salmon, mackerel and trout.
Here is a list of high protein low fat foods – low in saturated fat, but high in unsaturated fats:
- Fish is a good source of high protein low fat foods. For example: Salmon – super low calorie foods, high in protein food with good fat concentration or Omega-3 fatty acids; Tuna – packed with protein, with good fats – Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Hard Boiled Egg – an excellent high protein food, with fewer calories and fat than other options.
- Nuts are high protein low fat foods too. For example: Almonds: high protein foods with good fats – Omega-3 fatty acids; Walnuts – a great protein source with a concentration of good fats.
- Chick Peas – foods high in protein, high in fiber, low in fat and calories
- Flax Seeds – a good protein source with Omega-3 fatty acids which means they are a good fats
- Meat can be a source of high protein low fat foods too. Avoid fatty pieces of beef and pork. Avoid the skin of the chicken too. Eat white chicken and boiled meat. For example – Chicken Breast – it’s white meat, high in protein, but it’s low in fat and calories.
Attention: Before using any diet, consult your doctor.