A list of High protein low carb foods
There are not a wide variety of high protein low carb foods and high protein low fat foods. Most foods in their natural state have the three main nutrients – proteins, carbs and fats.
Proteins build all our living cells. At the same time they are a source of energy. Protein-rich foods are good
sources of B vitamins, iron and zinc.
To limit carbs intake can eat foods low in carbohydrates. Here is a list of high protein low carb foods that may help:
- Meat. Most of the raw meats do not contain carbs. Keep the level of fat in the body in the normal range, avoidingfried meats. Good examples for high protein low carb foods are Chicken Brest – high in protein and low in fat and calories; Ground Turkey – high in protein, low in calories; Lean Ground Beef; Lamb and more…
- Fish. Fish is one of the most healthy foods. Examples of fish as high protein low carb foods: Salmon – one of the super foods with Omega-3 fatty acids, high in protein and low in calories; Tuna – rich in protein, Omega-3 fatty acids foods, Cod – excellent protein food, low in calories.
- Hard Boiled Egg – an excellent high protein food and low carb food too.
- Nuts can be also high protein low carb foods. For examples: Almonds – a good protein source, loaded with good fats and a good fiber food; Walnuts – a good protein food, with good fats, slightly higher in calories; Cashew Butter; Pumpkin Seeds – a high protein food, a bit higher in fat; Sunflower Seeds
- Some dairy products – Greek Yogurt, Cheese, Cottage Cheese
- Other high protein low carb foods: Quinoa – a real super food, high protein and high fiber food, Flax Seeds – a good protein food with Omega-3 fatty acids, Chick Peas – low in fat and calories, high in fiber food loaded with protein
Attention: Before following any diet, consult your doctor.