Many of us are wondering whether it is possible to eat foods that are high in calories and at the same time are good for health. In most cases, these products are not expensive. Most people, when hear foods high in calories or fat, imagine that they are very unhealthy products. But our body needs good fats for hormones to function properly and for absorption of vitamins and minerals. In fact, some of the most nutritious foods come with a large amount of calories.
Which are high calorie healthy foods ?
A list of high calorie healthy foods
- Nuts and seeds are high calorie healthy foods. Rich in proteins and in most cases of antioxidants, nuts are a great addition to your healthy diet. They are full of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Among other things, they are good for the heart and circulation. Many health organizations announced that 50 grams of walnuts a day significantly reduced the risk of heart attack.
- Olive oil. Olive oil is rich in antioxidants and high in vitamin A, B, D, E and K. Depending on the variety of olive, olive oil can have quite high levels of zinc, iron, lutein (in small quantities supports overall health of the organism).
- Avocado is one of the greatest examples of high calorie healthy foods. Rich in vitamin C, dietary fiber and potassium. One medium sized avocado contains 161 calories.
- Dried fruits are high calorie healthy foods. Dried fruits are high in sugar, which increases the impressive amount of calories that these delicious foods possess. Dried fruits have a lot of health benefits.
- Brown rice. Pretty healthy food that contains a lot of fiber and protein and is high in calories. One cup of cooked rice contains 216 calories.
Calories provide energy to our body. Therefore it is makes sense that many natural and healthy foods are rich in calories. It is recommended that high calorie healthy foods to be part of our diet.