Alkaline foods are low acid foods. Alkaline foods are extremely important because they neutralize the acid generated in our body. So they balance the pH level in the human body. This balance is very important for the health of our body.
The water in our body carries nutrients and oxygen throughout our organism. The aqueous medium in our body may be acidic or alkaline. This is measured in a scale called PH. PH balance is very important for our health. Most viruses do not survive or hardly survive in an alkaline environment. Viruses evolve and increase in acid environment. To maintain good PH balance, we have to consume more alkaline foods. What are high alkaline foods?
High alkaline foods list. PH balance.
- Root vegetables are high alkaline foods. Root vegetables are rich in many minerals that the human body needs. Good examples of foods rich in alkaline are radishes, especially (black, red or white) as well as beets, carrots, turneps, horseradish and rutabaga.
- Cruciferous vegetables are high alkaline foods too.These are vegetables that we all know and love – broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, etc.
- Leafy vegetables are also good sources of high alkaline foods. These include Kale, spinach, turnip greens.
- Fruits. Some fruits are high alkaline foods too – banana, lemon, berries, cantaloupe, grapes, melon, orange
- Some nuts and seeds are also alkaline foods. These are almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and lentils.
- Oils which have an alkaline effect are flax, hemp, coconut and olive oil and avocado oil and primrose.
- Spices that are from alkaline foods list are cinnamon, sea salt, curry, ginger
PH balance is very important for us. The unbalanced pH (acidic or too ) leads to the development of many degenerative diseases, including cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. The increase or decrease in pH may also lead to crystallisation of the salts in the urine and in the formation of sand and stones in the kidney and bladder.
Attention: Before you follow any alkaline diet, consult your doctor!