What about some healthy snack ideas? There are many materials and information for healthy eating. They are all very valuable, but unfortunately not many people use them. One of the main reasons is the hectic lifestyle. Here is a list of some easy healthy snacks for work or on the go.
Healthy snacks. List of ideas.
- A handful of almonds and dried fruit (3 tablespoons) – one of the best known and very healthy snacks. Almonds provide high quality protein, so you will feel fuller longer. They are a source of vitamin E, copper and magnesium. Almonds are one of the cholesterol lowering foods and reducing the risk of heart disease and cancer risk.
- 6 ounces low fat yogurt with 1/2 cup fruit. Low fat yogurt is a good source of protein and calcium. Fruits provide vitamins, minerals, fiber and other important nutrients.
- Pear with reduced-fat cheese. Pear is one of the foods high in antioxidants, flavonoids and dietary fiber. Reduced-fat cheese is one of the best known foods high in calcium.
- Natural-style peanut butter with crackers. Natural peanut butter is an excellent source of potassium. Peanut butter is also considered as energy booster due to it’s good amounts of healthy fats and protein.
- An apple with honey and cinnamon. Really one of the greatest healthy snacks. There are so many benefits of eating apples and one of them is that apple help you to control your weight. Honey is packed with anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-fungal properties. Cinnamon may reduce inflammation, have antioxidant effects, and fight bacteria.
- Pumpkin Seeds – one of the best healthy snacks ideas. Pumpkin Seeds have so many healthy benefits such as: contain zinc for immune support, omega-3 fats, have anti-daiabetic effects, suport heart and liver health and also have anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Canned tuna on 2 rice crackers or even better canned tuna with a vegetable salad. Tuna is a great source of lean protein and have so many nutrients such as vitamin D, vitamin B12, calcium and iron
- Mango with toasted coconut – one of the low calorie healthy snacks. Mangoes, because of their fiber, help to prevent and relieve constipation. Mangoes boost immune system due to generous amounts of vitamin C and vitamin A.
- 1 cup sliced bananas and fresh raspberries – one of the low calorie healthy snacks. Bananas provide a variety of vitamins and minerals: vitamin B6, manganese, potassium, dietary fiber, niacin. Bananas can be one of the foods that help with depression due to high levels of tryptophan. Known as nature’s candy, wild raspberries are full of antioxidants.
- 2 cups of baby carrots. Carrot is considered as one of the the ultimate health foods. It is antioxidant-rich vegetable that help you to prevent a wide range of diseases from heart disease to cancer . Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A. Thanks to that they improves vision and are a food good for the eyes.