Grain free flours are widely used not only in Paleo diet (Paleo flour), but in many delicious recipes for baking breads, muffins, cakes, cookies, desserts, brownies, pancakes and much more. Here we will list some of the most popular grain free flour options and substitutes.
Grain Free Flours for Baking Breads, Muffins & No Grain Cake
- Coconut flour – one of the most popular and healthy grain free flour options and gluten free flours too. Coconut flour is derived from coconut and has a very high fiber content. It has a higher fat content, which contributes to the feeling of satiety. Used for baking breads, muffins, desserts, pancakes, pastries and more. Can be also used in cereal, coffee, juices, soups and teas. This is possible thanks to the fact that coconut flour can be eaten raw.
Coconut flour has a natural sweet taste and is a great substitute for cream. Coconut flour blends wonderfully with spices such as coriander, cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, sesame seeds, star anise, cloves.
- Almond flour is also one of the mot popular paleo flour in the grain free flours list. It moisten the dough, making it easier to style. Almond flour gives a slightly sweet taste, but is also suitable for savory dishes. Almond flour is an important ingredient in a variety of French pastries such as frangipani, macaroni, and many kinds of cakes and desserts. It is suitable for a gluten free diet.
- Chestnut flour – a great no grain flour. It is used less in comparison with almond and coconut, but chestnut flour is also very healthy and nutritious. It is rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and also is good grain free flour option for making soups, sauces, vegetable dishes, desserts and very tasty pancakes, which are parts of Italian cuisine.
- Hazelnut flour – also one of the popular paleo and grain free flour options. Can be used to prepare desserts, cookies, cakes. Great in combination with almond flour.
- Other grain free flours are nut flours such as: cashew flour, peanut flour, pistachio flour, brazil nut flour.