There are many foods that do not contain gluten and can be consumed for healthy eating. Gluten free grains such as quinoa, brown rice, millet, buckwheat, amaranth, tapioca, teff are excellent sources of important vitamins and minerals.
A list of gluten free grains
- Quinoa is an annual plant with broad leaves. It is one of the gteatest gluten free grains, an extremely high protein food and a very good source of vitamin E and B. Quinoa is a natural product, which collected all the essential amino acids – 8 in number. It contains manganese, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, iron and fiber. One of the main advantages of quinoa is its low glycemic index. Quinoa is high content of cystine, lysine and methionine – amino acids, which are very low in other cereals. It also contains albumin. There is no gluten in the quinoa seeds, which makes it suitable for consumption by people with coeliac disease.
- Brown rice is one of the most healthy gluten free grains. According to recent studies of American scientists consumption of brown rice reduces the risk of hypertension and cardiovascular disease. In this rice is discovered substance, which is located between the husk and grain and is extremely rich in fiber and oligosaccharides. They protect the heart from disease. Brown rice is an excellent source of iron, magnesium, manganese, fiber and protein. Contains vitamins B – 10 times more than white rice. Brown rice also stimulate gastrointestinal functions. It is a great part from a healthy eating.
- Buckwheat is one of the important cereals, which are very good for health. Buckwheat is becoming more popular. Although there is a slight astringent bitter taste, it is preparing well in savory and sweet recipes. Buckwheat is rich in flavonoids, magnesium and fiber.
- Amaranth contains impressive nutritional qualities as one of gluten free grains. Amaranth is an annual plant and ancient cereal, which is closely linked with the traditions and lifestyle of the Aztecs. Amaranth contains a number of essential amino acids. The amount of lysine is three times greater than that in other cereals. Amaranth is rich in phosphorus, iron, magnesium and calcium, vitamin E. It is a no gluten food which has a large amount of fiber. Contains B vitamins and folic acid too. Amaranth is a great part from a healthy eating too.
- Corn is a good source of vitamin B1, vitamin B5, folate, dietary fiber, vitamin C, phosphorus and manganese. This grain is very rich in vitamin B1 and B9 and brings the body a large amount of magnesium. Corn one of the most frequently used gluten free grains.
- Millet is tasty cereal that can be added to various foods. It is very rich in vitamins A, E, B1, B2, PP and minerals – silicon, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus. Millet has a large amount of fiber too.
- Other gluten free grains are tapioca, teff, sorghum, rice, manioc.
This is a list of the most commonly used gluten free grains.