Kidney stones are solid formations of mineral and crystalline structure, which are formed in the kidneys or any where along the urinary tract. Kidney stones are one of the most painful medical conditions. Reasonable choice of foods to avoid with kidney stones and methods of their preparation are one of the key elements to relieve painful conditions. The disease is also called renal calculi, nephrolithiasis or urolithiasis.
Kidney stones are a common cause of blood in urine and pain in the abdomen, buttocks or groin. Kidney stones can form in any part of the urinary system. Most of the kidney stones spontaneously go out of the urinary system of the body.
Which are foods to avoid with kidney stones?
A list of foods to avoid with kidney stones
Your doctor will tell you wich foods to eat and not to eat with kidney stones. He will make you a kidney stone diet that is balanced and healthy. Here are a list of some of the most common foods to avoid kidney stones.
- Avoid high oxalate foods . Avoid consumption of spinach, rhubarb, beetroot, peanuts, cocoa, chocolate, and coffee. Soy products such as tofu and soy milk are also high in oxalates, so it is advisable not to take them while follow kydney stone diet.
- Sodium or salt. Avoid consumption of foods high in sodium
- Purine foods should be avoided with renal calculi as they increase the concentration of uric acid and promote the crystallization of calcium. Foods high in purines such as red meat, canned fish offal pate, mussels, eggs and yeast products should also be avoided.
- Fatty meats such as pork, beef and mutton.
- Other foods to avoid with kidney stones are spicy foods and sodas
It is very important to eat a balanced and healthy diet. It is very important to drink enough fluids too. Thus, urine is diluted and the risk of kidney stone formation decreases.
Attention: Before following any kydney stone diet, consult your doctor.