Metabolism is the process by which the body converts food into energy. Metabolism is the set of biochemical reactions that cause the body to live and function. Our body burns calories to live. Metabolism is responsible for the transformation of the food we eat into energy fuel for the body. It depends on the composition of the body, or more precisely the ratio of muscle-fat. Muscle burns more calories than fat. Other factors that affect the metabolism are gender, genetics, age, food we eat – certain foods require more energy to digest. There are drinks and foods that increase metabolism and thus help faster and healthier to lose weight. Higher levels of metabolism help easier weight loss.
Which are foods that boost metabolism?
Here is a list of some of the drinks and foods that increase metabolism:
- Green tea. This drink contains antioxidants called flavonoids. A study conducted at the University of Geneva found that green tea contains specific polyphenols (plant substances) that can boost your metabolism.
- Almonds. These nuts contain essential fatty acids and fiber, which not only increase the metabolism. The consumption of almonds satisfies your appetite and almonds help the body to melt fat and lose weight.
- Eggs. All protein foods help to improve metabolism. Eggs are one of the best protein foods that increase metabolism. However, it should be noted that the yolks are rich in fat, so it is advisable to eat only egg whites.
- Lemon. This citrus, rich in vitamin C acts as an antioxidant for the body. It has been shown that the lemon helps cleanse the liver. The liver is responsible for the processing of fats. The liver is essential for the proper absorption of substances contained in the products.
- Fish and other light meats are also foods that increase metabolism. Fish containing omega-3 fatty acids, which not only helps in weight loss, but has shown good results for the body health.
Except through consumption of foods that increase metabolism, you can speed up metabolism through sport, nutrition, stress reduction, healthy lifestyle.
Attention: Before you follow any diet, consult your doctor!