The food we eat is essential for the health of our entire body. Many diseases are caused because of excess consumption or certain foods. There is a list of foods that cause inflammation in the body. Many foods are processed to give them a longer shelf life. Unfortunately thus destroy the beneficial anti-inflammatory components of food products.
Inflammation is the response of our body to infections. Our body sends immune cells and nutrients to the areas where the infectious or injury occurs. It is normal, but when we have long-term inflammation – it is chronic inflammation. This can be quite dangerous because can do permanent damage leading to danagerous diseases like heart disease, arthritis, cancer and more.
Which are foods that cause inflammation?
A list of foods that cause inflammation
Foods that cause inflammation varies from person to person. But here are some of the most common causer:
- Salt. Excessive intake of salt may exacerbate the inflammatory process in the body, such as arthritis, cirrhosis, or renal disease.
- Sugar. Sugar present in all products that tempt us – sweets, desserts, cakes. White refined sugar is one of the causes of diabetes, diseases of the teeth, disruption of metabolism, high blood pressure and many more.
- Alcohol in large quantities causes serious conditions and diseases. Typically affect organs as the liver, larynx, stomach and esophagus. Although small modest doses of alcohol are recommended for health, excessive consumption can lead to aggravation of inflammatory diseases.
- Dairy products are the cause of inflammation in many people. The more prepared they are, the more their healthy substances are lost and inflammatory properties increase.
- Sweeteners are sugar substitutes that are harmful to health. Artificial sweeteners such as saccharin and aspartame have been associated with certain inflammatory conditions in the body such as cancer of the bladder.
- Trans fats are foods that cause inflammation too. Products containing large amounts of trans fats can cause inflammatory processes in the body. Diseases such as coronary heart disease, cancer, and type 2 diabetes may be associated with excessive consumption of trans fats. Trans fats are found mostly in margarine, fried foods, fast food and industrially produced pastries.
- Gluten is among the list of foods that cause inflammation too. Even many people who are not suffering from coeliac disease, avoiding gluten. The reason is that gluten creates a lot of digestive problems such as bloating, nausea, gas, etc.
It is important to include in your healthy diet anti inflammatory foods.
Attention: Before following any diet, consult your doctor.