Foods high in magnesium
Magnesium is an important mineral for the human body. Its main function is to take care of the balance of the nervous and muscular systems. Magnesium helps in the distribution of signals of the nerve cells. Magnesium is involved in approximately 300 biochemical reactions in the body.
Magnesium is an essential part of maintaining good health. The human body needs about 400 milligrams of magnesium a day. It is located in teeth and bones. Lack of magnesium leads to hypertension, osteoporosis, muscle cramps, and insomnia.
Foods high in magnesium are:
- Green leafy vegetables – spinach and broccoli are fodds high in magnesium
- Nuts – walnuts, almonds, cashews, Brazil nuts, pine nuts and peanuts
- Black and white beans, soybeans – all are foods high in magnesium
- Fish is some of the foods high in magnesium. Preferably a fatty fish, where there are also other important nutrients.
- Desserts are foods high in magnesium – good news for fans of the sweet temptations. Not only spinach and beans are foods high in magnesium, but almost all chocolate products.
- Pumpkin seeds. The seeds of the pumpkin, zucchini and even the seeds of watermelon are rich in magnesium. 75 g pumpkin seeds contain a daily dose of magnesium necessary for healthy body.
- Sunflower seeds are foods high in magnesium. Sunflower seeds are a good source of thiamine, vitamin E and magnesium. In 100 g seeds contain 325 mg of minerals.
- Some fruits such as bananas, avocados, raisins, figs and apricots are also foods high in magnesium
- Spices. Rich in magnesium are lemongrass, mint, paprika, parsley and basil
- Cocoa and coffee are foods high in magnesium. Tap water is also a source of magnesium for the body.
- Rice bran and buckwheat are foods extremely rich in magnesium foods.
Magnesium is essential mineral for pregnant women, nursing mothers, the elderly, and for athletes.