Vitamin B7 or biotin also as coenzyme R, vitamin H, “Vitamin of beauty“) helps the strength of hair, nails and skin. Biotin benefits are very important for the health of the entire human body. Biotin is vital for secretion and activity of insulin, glucose metabolism, absorption of certain amino acids, blood sugar control. The vitamin is synthesized only by certain bacteria, yeasts, molds, algae and plants. People take the vitamin through biotin foods.Which are foods high in biotin?
Foods high in biotin. Biotin benefits and deficiency.
- Liver is one of the foods high in biotin. It’s also a great source of iron and magnesium.
- Almonds. Almonds are a great source of biotin and other healthy elements as calcium, healthy fats, and more. Almonds are an excellent snack.
- Mushrooms are rich biotin foods too.
- Sunflower Seeds. Foods high in biotin and other vitamins and much minerals like magnesium.
- Peanuts are also one of the highest biotin foods.
- Sweet potatoes
- Other foods high in biotin are: salmon, bananas, raspberries, avocados, strawberries, watermelon, chicken, onions, cabbage, cucumbers and cauliflower.
Key Biotin benefits are linked to its important role in prevention and / or treatment of the following diseases: alopecia; intestinal imbalances, including inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and chronic diarrhea; neurological disorders including convulsions, skin diseases. Important biotin benefits are that it helps for healthy hair, fresh and supple skin and unbreakable nails. Biotin is very necessary for people predisposed to hair loss. Biotin acts more effectively in combination with B2, B6, niacin, and vitamin A. Vitamin B7 has a supporting role in metabolism, as involved in the synthesis of vitamin C and assimilation of proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
Biotin deficiency symptoms include the appearance of a red rash around the eyes, mouth, genitals, and hair loss. It is possible to occur neurological symptoms such as numbness in the limbs, lethargy, depression, hallucinations. Biotin deficiency is rarely seen because Vitamin B7 is widespread in food.