Amino acids form the proteins in the human body and are essential to the overall functioning of the body. Unlike the fats, amino acids can not be stored in the body for later use. Therefore it is crucial to include in your diet foods high in amino acids. They are divided into essential and non-essential amino acids.
What are essential amino acids? They are called essential because the body does not produce them, and have to take them through food. These are leucine, isoleucine, lysine, methionine, threonine, tryptophan, valine, fenilalvinin. Essential amino acids must be taken with food daily, as their absence in the body can cause a delay in the development of the body and serious disturbances in metabolism.
Non-essential amino acids are fungible, the body can produce them if you need them.
Which are foods high in amino acids ?
A list of foods high in amino acids
- Nuts are one of the best sources of amino acids. Walnuts, almonds, cashews, peanuts, and Brazil nuts are arginine foods. It is known that L-arginine stimulates the immune system, helps the metabolism in muscles and muscle mass, stimulates the production of collagen and promotes bone growth. Almonds and cashews are the top sources of isoleucine, another important amino acid that stabilizes blood sugar and gives a lot of energy to the body. Almonds and peanuts are high in the amino acid phenylalanine, which is believed to improve mood.
- Fish is the next major source of foods high in amino acids. In addition, the oily fish such as salmon, tuna, herring and sardines are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which protect us from heart disease. Fish are a valuable source of essential amino acids such as isoleucine, lysine and methionine.
- Eggs provide us with essential amino acids such as methionine, isoleucine. They are foods high in lysine and foods high in tryptophan too. Tryptophan is an essential amino acid involved in the production of serotonin and thus increase our good mood.
- Soybeans and soy protein foods are also rich in amino acids.. Soybeans supply our body with several essential amino acids in large concentrations. Soy protein is very important for vegetarians.
- Other foods high in amino acids are lean meat, poultry, quinoa, beans
Amino acids are involved in the growth and development of muscle tissue and help its recovery. Among other things, the amino acids have a significant impact on mood, sexual life, concentration and sleep. It is important to include foods high in amino acids in your diet.