Foods that are easy to digest are a part of many special diets suitable for digestive problems and different types of bowel and gut diseases such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Enteritis, Gastritis, Colitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Ulcerative colitis, GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease) and more.
Here you will find a list of some of the most nutritious foods that are easy to digest.
What are foods that are easy to digest ?
- Rice – a good source of fiber, which are crucial for good gut health. Rice is also rich in carbohydrates and generally has a very small amount of fats. It also contains potassium, phosphorus and manganese. Rice is an easy to digest food and has a good affection on the stomach and intestines. Rice brew stops diarrhea and rice cooked in milk helps to cleanse the bowel.
- Green leafy vegetables – some of the most nutritious foods that are easy to digest. They include kale, spinach, arugula, rhubarb, sorrel, collards, and many others. Not only easy-to-assimilate and easy to digest, but some of the most healthiest foods on the planet. Low in calories, fat free and low in sodium, they are a great part of a healthy diet. Green leafy vegetables are an excellent source of vitamins A, C and K, calcium and magnesium. Folic acid in them fight depression and it is a valuable nutrient for pregnant women. Green leafy vegetables are rich in phytonutrients that have anti-cancer properties.
- Banana – one of the easiest to digest foods. These are known as a prebiotic food, because they stimulate the growth of beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract. Bananas are healthy foods suitable for many diets because they contain less calories, fat, sodium and cholesterol, while rich in many essential nutrients. Besides being really rich in potassium, they are a good source of fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin A, manganese, folic acid.
- Cod – a great source for easy to digest low fat proteins. Cod is fragile fish with low fat content. Due to the fact that cod is extremely low in fat, it is one of the foods that easy to digest and is suitable for many weight loss diets. On the other hand Cod is one of the healthiest foods with its high content of vitamin B12, iodine, selenium, phosphorus, protein, choline and many other important nutrients.
- Green Beans – low in carbs, free of starchy sugars, one of the foods easy to digest. Green bean is a great dietary product because it contains very few calories and is rich in essential vitamins and minerals. It has the ability to strengthen the immune system and improves metabolism, thanks to its composition. Green beans are rich in vitamin K, manganese, fiber, vitamin C, folate, vitamin B2, copper and more important nutrients.
- Boiled Carrots – known as one of the healthiest foods, carrot is also one of the foods that are easy to digest. Boiled carrots are suitable foods to eat with colitis, IBS, and more digestive problems. Carrots contain mainly invert sugar; pectin, lecithin. They are rich in vitamins, carotene (provitamin A), vitamins B1, B2, PP, C. There are many enzymes, essential oils, terpenes, minerals – potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iodine, iron, trace minerals manganese and copper.
- Avocado has soluble fiber and water that rang it among the foods that are easy to digest. Avocado is extremely rich in vitamin K, and a good source of A, C, D, E and B vitamins. Avocado contains a large amount of minerals, especially potassium, zinc, copper, magnesium and iron. It is rich in protein and healthy fatty acids.
- Zucchini – low-calorie and soft easily digestible vegetable. Zucchini is very interesting vegetable – it is not extremely rich in vitamins, but it does have great mineral content – especially rich in potassium, fiber, phosphorus and calcium. Zucchini are great food for gastritis, colitis and IBS.
- Other foods that are easy to digest are: cantaloupe, chicken, white fish, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, beets, bell peppers, oats, alfalfa sprouts, squash, scrambled eggs.
See also foods that help digestion.
Attention: Before following any diet, consult your doctor.