How to increase fertility? This question excites many couples ready to make the next big step in their life. A healthy and balanced diet includes a variety of foods and provides all those nutrients that are needed for a woman to get pregnant. There are fertility foods that can help increase fertility and others which can reduce it. Modern lifestyle, stress and poor eating habits, combined with other factors may result in a reduced ability to conceive.
Which are fertility food and how to increase fertility naturally?
Fertility foods list. How to increase fertility?
Here are some foods that are helpful for ability to conceive.
- Full-fat dairy products are extremely valuable because of its high content of calcium, which is a good stimulant of fertility. A dairy product a day is sufficient. However, overuse of full-fat products is not a good idea because it leads to obesity.
- Unrefined whole grains foods. No need to give up carbohydrates to control your weight. Just need to make smart choices. The best carbohydrate foods that increase fertility are brown rice, oatmeal, whole grain breads.
- Plant-based proteins. The proteins contained in peas, beans and peanuts are known as fertility foods for their ability to increase the possibility of conception. Moreover, legumes are foods high in iron – a mineral that also increase ability to conceive.
- Fruits and vegetables are very good answer to the question how to increase fertility. Plants are extremely healthy. They contain antioxidants that help fertility. Oranges and other citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables and strawberries are foods high in folic acid. Folic acid deficiency in the body of the mother can lead to certain problems with the fetus.
- Healthy fats. Monounsaturated, polyunsaturated and omega-3 are considered as healthy fats. They increase insulin sensitivity and therefore are good fertility foods. Nuts, avocados, salmon, pumpkin seeds, sardines and sesame are valuable sources of essential fatty acids. Avoid fish high in mercury.
What are the foods that reduce fertility? These are those that usually are not a part of a healthy diet so cut down on processed foods, unhealthy fats, salt and sugar.
Except through food, there are other answers to the question how to increase fertility naturally. They are associated with a healthy lifestyle – stop smoking, cut the alcohol, get plenty of sleep, reduce stress.