Coconut oil is classified as a ‘superfood’. Coconut oil is very useful vegetable oil, widely used in cooking, nutrition, cosmetics. It has a Unique Composition of Fatty Acids. Unlike many other cooking fat, coconut oil is very stable and can withstand the high temperatures during heat treatment. Coconut oil has a wide range of health benefits.
Coconut oil healthy benefits:
- Coconut oil contains an unusual blend of primarily lauric and myristic acids. Lauric fatty acids. It is very important and rare fatty acid. It has the ability to kill different species of harmful bacteria, viruses and candida and prevents many infections. This makes it a natural antibiotic.
- The fatty acids in coconut oil stimulate brain function and alleviate symptoms in patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Coconut oil helps energy expenditure by the body, which facilitates burning more body fats. Thus preventing obesity – one of the greatest health problems in the world. Therefore it is preferred food by many athletes.
- Most saturated fats in animal products contain cholesterol. Unlike animal fats, and coconut oils are saturated fats and that are called oils but do not contain cholesterol.
- Coconut oil is beloved by many vegetarians as a substitute for animal fats.
One tablespoon of coconut oils contains 117 calories, 14 grams fat, 12 g saturated fat.
There are many different types of coconut oil in the store. Choose organic, liquid, virgin coconut oil. The less processed, the more useful. Coconut oil is stored in sealed containers at room temperature or in a refrigerator.
Coconut oil is widely used in cosmetics.It has great nourishing and moisturizing effect. Due to its composition of more than 90% saturated fatty acids, it absorbs completely into the skin and makes it soft and velvety.
Coconut oil has many applications – such as coffee cream, body lotion, removing makeup, substitute vegetable oil, natural sunscreen product, massage oil and more…