The brain is our main “engine”. The ingredients of the food we eat enter the bloodstream and from there affect the brain. So it is inevitable that the way we think, work and focus depend on the food we eat. It is important to eat healthy and to include brain foods in our diet. Our brain needs nutrients. A healthy diet is important for our concentration, memory and for the way we think and work.
Which are brain foods?
A list od brain foods for memory and concentration
- Blueberries are foods high in antioxidants and anthocyanins, that increase many times our ability to memorize and process information.
- Nuts, especially walnuts and almonds are foods very healthy for brain and nervous system. These nuts contain vitamins A, E and C, as well as potassium, calcium, phosphorus and iron.
- Green tea contains polyphenols, antioxidants that help the brain to maintain a balanced supply of its main energy source – glucose.
- Avocado is a great brain food too as a source of monounsaturated fats, omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. It increases blood flow in the brain and defend the whole body from the harmful effects of free radicals.
- Spinach against migraine and headache. With its high concentration of vitamins A and K, magnesium, folic acid and iron is not surprising that spinach is very healthy food for the brain.Magnesium is a mineral that helps to relax the blood vessels and thus prevent migraine and headaches.
- Dark chocolate is also a brain food. True species dark chocolate containing at least 70% cocoa flavanols which increase blood flow to the brain – and this means an improvement in cognitive functions.
- Tuna is a food high in omega-3 fatty acids. This is an important fatty acid that helps fight depression.
- Rosemary enhances blood flow to the brain, raise the mood and act as an antioxidant. It makes rosemary a great brain food.
- Beans and legumes supply the brain with the necessary amount of glucose. They are rich in folic acid and vitamin B, which are crucial for the functioning of the brain.
- Berries are an excellent brain food because they contain antioxidants that help increase cognition, coordination and memory. Strawberries are iodine rich foods, which helps the proper functioning of the brain and nervous system.
- Green vegetables such as broccoli, kale are great foods for the brain. They improve memory and concentration.