Apples are one of the most popular fruits in the world. According to the season of ripening apples are divided into summer, autumn and winter.
Apples are extremely valuable fruit for human health. They are rich in minerals / potassium, sodium, calcium, iron, magnesium, aluminum, sulfur, phosphorus, silicon / vitamin E, carotene, vitamin B6, B2, PP. Contain organic acids, tannin and other substances. Apples contain 15 amino acids, six of which are indispensable, enzymes, phytoncides and essential oils. Apples are widely used in cosmetics too.
Apples health benefits:
- High content of pectin and fiber. One of the most popular Apples health benefits. Apples help lower blood cholesterol due to the high content of pectin and fiber.
- High potassium content. One of the greatest Apples health benefits. Apples are an excellent remedy for heart attack and other heart diseases thanks to high content of potassium.
- Apple pectin takes toxins from the food in the stomach.Pectin also helps to maintain the microflora in the intestines and digestive health.
- Apples contain a large amount of iron and folic acid, which are very useful for people suffering from anemia.
- Apples contain many phenolic compounds such as phenolic acids and flavonoids, which protect the heart.
- Apples prevent the oxidation of LDL cholesterol and prevent calcification of arteries – one of the reasons for high blood pressure.
- Apples help good digestion. One of the greatest Apples health benefits. Dietary fiber in apples is soluble. They make the contents of the intestine soft and suitable for the passage of the intestine.
- Red apples are high in quercetin – an important antioxidant, which can supports your immune system.
- Apples has no fat or sodium.
- Apples contain vitamins C, A , which are great antioxidants.
Calories in an apple. Apples has calories between about 52 and 116 depending of the size of apple.
You know the saying “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. There are so many good reasons to eat apples every day and so many apple recipes available in the Internet. Just stick to healthy lifestyle and chose to eat healthier.
Raw apple is not recommended for gastritis, ulcers and dysbiosis.