Alpha lipoic acid, also known as thioctic acid is a potent physiological antioxidant and is a co-factor of various important multienzyme systems. Some of the Alpha lipoic acid benefits are: it is a powerful weapon against aging, promotes weight loss, improves insulin resistance, restores nerve and vision damage, suppresses pain in muscles caused by diabetes. Alpha lipoic acid foods are an important part of a healthy diet. Thioctic acid is found in various organs in the body – the liver, kidneys and heart. This acid is a coenzyme that is necessary for carbohydrate metabolism in biochemical reactions of the Krebs cycle. Belongs to the group of fatty acids. Dissolve both in water and in oil, which makes its unique effect. Alpha lipoic is synthesized in the human body in the form of dihydrolipoic acid. Alpha lipoic acid promotes the absorption of other antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, coenzyme Q10. It protects the cell membrane from the harmful effects of free radicals.
Which are Alpha lipoic acid foods?
Alpha lipoic acid foods list. Alpha lipoic acid benefits.
Thioctic acid is synthesized in the body in insufficient quantity, which means that we have to take it with food.
Highest sources of alpha lipoic acid are some animal foods and plants.
- Animal sources: such as heart, liver, kidney and skeletal muscle are great alpha lipoic acid foods. Mitochondria are critical points in the production of energy in animals and are basically place to find Thioctic acid. Alpha lipoic acid is bound to protein, specifically lysine in foods.
- Plant sources: Green plants that have a high concentration of chloroplasts. Chloroplasts are key locations for the production of energy in plants and require lipoic acid for this activity. Examples of Alpha lipoic acid vegetables are broccoli, spinach, collard greens, peas, brussels sprouts.
Some of the main alpha lipoic acid benefits are:
- Benefits in the treatment of diabetic neuropathy
- Helps Pick Disease
- It is believed that slows aging
- Lowers blood levels in combination with L-Carnitine
- Potential benefits in the prevention of Parkinson’s disease
- Potential for the treatment and prevention of type 2 diabetes
- Alpha lipoic acid benefits are also that it plays an important role in prevention and / or treatment of the following diseases: chronic fatigue syndrome, chronic muscle fatigue, diabetes, glaucoma, AIDS, hypoglycemia, insulin resistance, liver disease, radiation diseases.