There are so many different types of fish to eat, that is really hard to decide what is the best fish to eat. No doubt that fish is one of the most healthiest foods on the planet. Packed with so many nutritious values, and a major source of omega-3 fatty acids, fish helps to prevent many diseases – from cancer to heart disease and from depression to arthritis. Besides that, fish is one of the top foods in mediterranean diet food list.
Here you will find a list of some of the most popular and good fish to eat.
A list of Different types of fish to eat
- Salmon – one of the best, healthiest and most delicious types of fish to eat on the planet. It is rich in essential polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega-3 and omega-6), protein (easily digested), minerals (potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, zinc) and vitamins (B group, carnitine, choline). Salmon is one of the cholesterol lowering foods. Proteins in salmon are easily digested and this makes it suitable product for those who are interested in healthy weight loss.
- Sardines – one of the best foods for bones. Canned sardines (with bones) contain more calcium than milk, but unlike milk, sardines are very rich in vitamin D – necessary for the absorption of calcium. They are great source of vitamin B12, selenium, phosphorus, omega-3 fats, protein, iodine.
- Cod – great fish for healthy weight loss and low calorie source of protein . Cod is rich in iodine, which is necessary for the production of thyroid hormones that regulate metabolism. Known as one of the healthiest types of fish to eat, cod is a source of important nutrients such as vitamin B12, selenium, phosphorus, choline, vitamin B3.
- Herring – one of the most delicious types of fish to eat. Contains useful fatty acids that improve the vital functions of the body. The consumption of herring helps reduce “bad” cholesterol and strengthens the walls of blood vessels. This means that herrings help reducing of the risk of heart disease and atherosclerosis.
- Мackerel – it is known for its vast content of omega-3 fatty acids. Mackerel also is fame with a high content of selenium, magnesium, iron, potassium, and vitamin B, D and E.
- Trout – as one of the other fishes rich in omega 3, trout is one of the best types of fish to eat to reduce bad cholesterol (LDL), blood pressure, and to lower the risk of heart attack, stroke and heart diseases.